Monday, January 17, 2011

How I got into Education Field?

It never comes to my mind of joining education field to be a teacher, except what I have written as an ambition when I was a child. What happened that landed me into this field was some persuasion of a friend of mine. She kept telling me on how good and secure of being a teacher. Besides that, there was nothing to lose just by applying for it. Hence, I decided to give it a try. I started off by getting the pin number and apply online. Applying online was easy by clicking through all the options you want and filling in all the particulars. After applying, I just wait for the announcement whether I was given a chance to be interviewed. I was quite nonchalance when I noticed that I had to go for an interview. I guess I was just trying it for fun.

Going through the interview was interesting. We had to go through a test called Inventori Sahsiah Guru (INSAK) or Teaching Personality Inventory. It was to test whether our personality was suitable for this profession. It was made up of many questions which we have to complete it in a short time. I cannot recall it because it was 5 and half years ago. After the test, we had a small discussion in a group of three or four regarding an issue. During my time, we were given a topic to talk on. On the first round we are required to speak in Bahasa Melayu. Meanwhile during the discussion we had to speak in English. In this test, they were testing on our speaking, proficiency in Bahasa Melayu and English as well as thinking skill. At the same time, there will be another person checking through all the document and certification. After all this procedure the interview was considered done. I had to wait patiently for a few months till the final result was out.

I was gladly accepted on the first pick into this Bachelor Degree Course specified in Primary Science or more known as PISMP or currently known as KPLSPM for the first batch on July 2005. Later I was noticed that I got into Maktab Perguruan Tun Abdul Razak in Sarawak. However, this college was being upgraded into Institut Perguruan Tun Abdul Razak in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...